Manor Place and Sir John Kirk Close Surgeries form part of The Nexus Health Group. The Nexus Health Group is a group of General Practitioners who are committed to providing the best healthcare provision to the people of Walworth and the Borough of Southwark.
- Our aim is to always place our patients at the centre of everything we do; to offer the highest standard of care in the most timely way possible, whatever the problem.
- Our philosophy is to provide an holistic approach to delivering primary healthcare through the range of services we offer at our practices not
just focusing on people's physical health but
on their emotional needs as well.
- Our staff all work together to offer our patients
excellent clinical care by sharing their
knowledge and expertise with each other.
Patients registered with us have the choice to see any doctor or nurse they wish to, we also ensure that where someone would like to see the same doctor regularly they are able to do this. In this way, our patients are able to benefit from continuity of care delivered in the heart of the community and closer to patients homes.
We have been working in Walworth for over 30 years, and have developed a friendly, patient-centred professional service. Recently we took over the management of Sir John Kirk Close Surgery and have rapidly improved the service offered to patients there. We are passionate about building General Practice services for the future and to that end are a registered teaching practice, helping to train the next generation of GPs.
We believe in delivering excellent patient-focused services to each and every patient registered with us and ensuring that our practices remain at the heart of the communities they serve. Concern for our patients and quality of care are the cornerstones upon which we build our services to offer the best possible care. We are fully committed to the aims and philosophy of the NHS. We are also committed to the teaching, training and development of all our staff.
Sir John Kirk Close Mission Statement
We believe in delivering excellent patient-focussed services to each and every patient registered with us and ensuring that our practices remain at the heart of the communities they serve. Concern for our patients and quality of care are the cornerstones upon which we build our services to offer the best possible care. We are fully committed to the aims and philosophy of the NHS. We are also committed to the teaching, training and development of all our staff.
Sir John Kirk Close Values
- Make the care of our patient our first concern
- Provide good standards of practice & care
- Keep our professional knowledge and skills up to date
- Recognise when we need to refer patients for another opinion
- Take prompt action if we believe that patient safety dignity or comfort is being compromised
- Protect promote the health of patients and the public
- Treat patients as individuals and respect their dignity
- Treat patients politely and considerately
- Respect patients’ right to confidentiality
- Work in partnership with patients
- Listen to, and respond to, patients concerns and preferences
- Give patients' the information they want or need in a way they can understand
- Respect patient’s right to reach decisions with us about their treatment and care
- Support patients in caring for themselves to improve and maintain their health
- Work with colleagues in the ways that best serve patients’ interests
- Be honest and open and act with integrity
- Integrity & Openness
- Knowledge &Learning
Nexus Health Group Partners
Nexus Health Group was formed as a partnership on the 1st August 2016, following the merger of four existing partnerships: Aylesbury Partnership, Bermondsey & Lansdowne Medical Mission, Princess Street Group Practice and the Walworth Partnership.
The partners of Nexus Health Group are:
- Ms Catherine Arden
- Dr Jean Marc Baudet
- Dr Kenny Chan
- Ms Lin Clarke
- Dr Jane Doherty
- Dr Lorraine Foley
- Dr Venetia Herzmark
- Dr Stefan Lipinski
- Dr Claire Lloyd
- Dr Neal Murphy
- Dr Osonua Olefumi
- Dr Robin Rastogi
- Dr Ben Sangowawa
- Dr Sam Soo
- Dr Amr Zeineldine
Care Quality Commission
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) are the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England.
The CQC make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage them to improve.
They monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and publish what is found, including performance ratings to help people choose care.
Nexus Health Group is rated as ‘Good’ by the CQC.
Sir John Kirk Close Surgery
Local Care Record
The Local Care Record in Southwark and Lambeth is being introduced. For more information please view the links below:
The average pay for GPs working in Nexus Health Group in the last financial year (2017/18) was £56,776 before tax and National Insurance.
This is for eight full-time GPs and fifty-two part time GPs who worked in the practice for more than six months.
Clinical Research at The Manor Place and Sir John Kirk Close Surgery
Manor Place and Sir John Kirk Close Surgeries are proud to be a Research Ready Accredited Practice. We work collaboratively with the NIHR Clinical Research Network which is the Research arm of the NHS.
Clinical Research is very important to improve care, treatments and ultimately patients’ quality of life.
If you are a patient of this practice, you may receive invitation letters to ask if you wish to take part in a research study. Joining in a research study is completely voluntary.
If you do not wish to take part in research studies then please let the practice know.
To find out more information about clinical research studies please visit: